With the introduction of smartphones, people generally use them for all their requirements. No matter, it is getting connected to the friends or searching information online or purchasing online, today everything can be done with the help of mobile phones. With the continuous switching of a large segment of individuals towards smartphones, it has become essential for the businesses to consider Mobile SEO so that their websites can list on the top notch positions on the searches made on mobile phones.
Most of the people do not have an understanding of mobile SEO. If it is so, you need to get in touch with the experts so that you can get all the necessary changes done to your website making it easier for the individuals to find it on their mobile phones. Here are some of the major differences that you need to understand.
- Site design– It is generally seen that the desktop websites are very heavy and they take time to load on mobile phones. So the first thing that you need to concentrate upon is the responsiveness of the website. You should make sure that you avoid using flash and prefer using HTML5 for putting in the effects that you wish to. In addition to this, you should stop using the pop ups as closing them every now and then can be a hassle for the mobile users. Also, ensure that the options are provided in appropriate space so that the users can click the right option.
- Speed of the page – being heavy, the desktop sites can take a considerable time in loading. So, you should try to reduce diverts and minify codes.
- Responsiveness – mostly the designers today use CSSS3 media queries making the same content available to both the desktops as well as mobile phones. With the use of flexible design and fluid grid, the sites adjust automatically according to the screen.
- Meta descriptions and optimized titles – you need to be precise while creating URLs, titles, meta descriptions etc. as the space on mobile phones is limited. This will help you to obtain the best results in SERPs.
- Local search optimization – if you are a local business, you can add your personal information like your name, phone number, and address in the metadata of the site.
- Dynamic serving – This process refers to using a single URL to exhibit different CSS and HTML sets. With this, you can display different things on mobile phones and desktop. The display will automatically change with the device. This can be done by making the use of HTTP header.
These are the important things that you need to consider in order to optimize your site on mobile phones. It greatly differs with the SEO used for normal websites.
Summary – you need to educate yourself about Mobile SEO if you wish to reach your target customers as most of the people today use mobile phones rather than desktops or laptops.